The System does not accept applications when there are no open positions. Additionally, we only accept applications for the specific position that may be available at that time. When a position becomes available the information will be posted here as well as through the Georgia Public Libraries Jobs in Libraries service. In our efforts to ‘go green’ we only have electronic copies of our application and job descriptions available.
Instructions for completing the employment application for all open positions:
- Applications will only be accepted for those position(s) which are
currently open and advertised and must be received no later than the application close date.
- If applying for more than one position, list all positions for which you are applying for. “Any,” “Open,” etc. will not be accepted.
- To be considered individuals must submit ALL of the following:
2. Cover letter
4. Reference list with three (3) professional references. List may be included in Resume.
- Submit completed application and materials by mail to:
Twin Lakes Library System
151 South Jefferson Street
Milledgeville, GA 31061-3419
If emailing your application, please include “Employment Application” in the subject line. Also, electronic application submissions should have your name typed into the “Applicant Signature” field of the form.
General information regarding application follow up, interviews, and employment:
- Applicants are to be conscientious of the schedule for the position(s) for which they are applying. These are to be considered as permanent and are NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- All applicants will be sent an email acknowledgment of having received their application materials within 3 days of receipt. If the application supporting documents are missing, they will be alerted then.
- All applicants will receive email or phone follow up on the status of their application within a week of the application closing date.
- We suggest that job candidates arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their interview time and plan for about an hour to complete the interview process.
- Job candidates will be required to take a series of skills assessments dependent on the job they are being considered/interviewed for. This can involve putting books in order and aptitude assessments.
- All interviews are conducted at the Mary Vinson Memorial Library and involve a panel which includes, but not limited to, the Director and the individual who would be the employee’s direct supervisor.
- All new hires are required to obtain a criminal background check prior to their first day of work. This expense is reimbursed by the System.
The System does not offer volunteer opportunities during the year. However, volunteer opportunities are available for the annual Library Fair. When available, registration for volunteering for this event is posted online in the first week of September. Thank you for your interest and willingness in helping your local library!