Library Fair 2014
For one glorious day each Fall the System holds its annual Library Fair. In order to continue to recognize those who assist with the event as well as our generous sponsors and donors we keep up the prior year’s details until the upcoming event. Library Fair 2014 will be held rain or shine on Saturday, September 27, 2014 from 9am to 2pm at the Mary Vinson Memorial Library (151 S Jefferson St.). We look forward to seeing you all there. Questions? Contact Outreach Coordinator, Sarah Hamil at 478-452-0677 or email@example.com. We hope to see you there. And don’t forget, even though the Fair only happens once a year we accept donations year-round!
Our 34rd annual Library Fair features an online volunteer sign up, sponsor list, and so much more! Click Here for Library Fair 2014 Flyer!
And as always, all proceeds from the Library Fair go to the Friends of the Library who provide much needed financial support to our Youth Services programming and the Summer Reading Clubs. Want to become a Friend? Join.
General Information for 2014
The Library Fair is a community event and after over 30 years it is truly a tradition. At the Fair there are so many things to do and see. Our Fair features our famous book sale, flea market, bake sale, food court, children’s games, entertainers, plant sale, and more! Rain or shine the Mary Vinson Memorial Library is where it’s at!
You too can be a much needed and appreciated sponsor of the Library Fair. Sponsorship levels are Silver ($50 – $199), Gold ($200 – $499), and Platinum ($500 and above). All sponsors are included in our announcements during the event while early sponsors are included on our flyers and other promotional materials.
To become a sponsor simply mail a check to:
Friends of the Mary Vinson Memorial Library
Attn: Sarah Hamil
151 S Jefferson St. SE
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Volunteer opportunities are limited so be sure to sign-up soon. Click here for the volunteer sign up sheet! Sign-ups are from September 1, 2014 to September 26, 2014. However, if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you’ve signed up and are unable to make it, please let us know ASAP.
The Library Fair has something for everyone. Here’s the list of the events and attractions:
- Bake Sale
- Book Sale
- Children’s games & attractions (Arts & crafts, face painting, inflatables, and midway games)
- Community Corner
- Flea Market
- Food Court (Cotton candy, popcorn, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers and more!)
- Plant Sale
Most of the event’s item pricing has remained unchanged. Here is a list of some of the pricing:
Items are $.25 and up!
- Paperback books, $.50 each
- Hardback books, $1.00 each
- Bargain Bags (purchased from Books Cashiers at Fair), $10 each or Buy 4 Bags, Get 1 Free
- “Lowe’s” Bargain Box (purchased from Books Cashiers at Fair), $15 each or Buy 4 Boxes, Get 1 Free
- Midway Games, $.50 each game
- Activities (Arts & Crafts and Face Painting), $1 each
- Attractions (Inflatables), $3 each or 2 for $5
- Economy Pass (5 Midway Games, 1 Face Painting, 1 Inflatable ride), $5
- Super Pass (10 Midway Games, 2 Inflatable rides, 1 Craft at the Arts & Crafts table, 1 Face Painting), $10
- Bottled Water, $1
- Cheeseburgers, $1.25
- Chili Dogs, $1.25
- Chili Cheese Dogs, $1.50
- Chips, $.25
- Cotton Candy, $1
- Drinks (Coke, Sprite, & Diet Coke), $.50
- Hamburgers, $1
- Hot Dogs, $1
- Pizza, $1
- Popcorn, $1