Sharing Telescopes and Astronomical Resources (S.T.A.R.)
The Twin Lakes Library System is a STAR program participating library system providing opportunities to families and other members of the community for access to telescopes and other astronomical resources. This program is made possible through a partnership with Georgia College's Department of Chemistry, Physics, and Astronomy and sponsorship by Cornerstones of Science in collaboration with Orion Telescopes.
The library system provides families and other members of the community opportunities to attend Family Telescope Training Nights to learn more about the STAR program, how-to check out telescopes, and how to care for the equipment. Continuing reading to learn more about borrowing a telescope and the care & transport of the telescope.
Telescope Borrowing Agreement
- I understand that the telescope may be checked out by a member of the Twin Lakes Library System who is 18 years of age or older, in good standing and a cardholder for a minimum of 6 months.
(Patron must present a valid State Driver's License or government issued I.D.)
- RETURN: I understand that the telescope must be returned directly to a staff member at the circulation desk.
- TRANSPORT: I understand that the telescope must be transported in a vehicle and secured with a seatbelt.
- LOAN PERIOD: I understand that the loan period is one (1) week with no renewal. LATE FEES ARE $3.00 PER DAY. If the telescope is not returned within two (2) weeks of its due date, I will be charged the full replacement costs listed below.
- LIABILITY: I accept full responsibility for the telescope and accessories while checked out to me, including
- I am liable for repair costs if the telescope is returned damaged.
- I am liable for replacement costs (outlined below) if the telescope is lost or stolen while checked out to me.
- Any costs incurred will be added to my library record and will constitute a debt owed to the Library, which must be paid in full.
(Approx. Total $375)
|Telescope w/finder, lens, eyepiece, etc.||$322 USD|
(Red & White light)
|Laminated User Guide||$14 USD|
|Audubon Constellation Guide||$12 USD|