The Twin Lakes Library System accepts donations year-round from the public at the Mary Vinson Memorial Library location only, during its regular open hours. A Deed of Gift is available upon request.
The System recommends the suspension of donation drop-offs the week before any hosted book sale as staff cannot guarantee the processing of these items to benefit that particular book sale.
Items NOT accepted by the Twin Lakes Library System include:
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Items that are damaged, water damaged, moldy, and/or mildewed
- Books missing covers
- Books with pages falling out
- Encyclopedias and textbooks older than 5 years and/or that are missing volumes
- Homemade recordings of any kind and/or black market music or video recordings
Please do not place donations in the book returns.
PROCEDURE ADJUSTMENTS BASED ON COVID-19:
In the interest of our staff and the community’s health and safety, we are currently observing the following changes in our donations procedure:
- All items must be boxed or bagged, no loose items will be accepted
- All items must be left outside this door along the wall, staff will get the items at a later time
- For the time being, staff CANNOT assist with getting donations from a patron’s vehicle. All donations must be moved by the patron-only.
The use or disposition of all donated items is at the sole discretion of the Twin Lakes Library System.
(Information subject to change without notice.)