The System has a number of planned closings throughout the year. Additionally, there are closings that occur due to unforeseen reasons which include but are not limited to bad weather and HVAC problems. In the case of weather closings, the System closes if the Baldwin County public school system close. Unplanned or early closings are posted on our homepage and via social networks. Unless otherwise noted the closing is all day and is for the entire system. For a printable version click HERE.
- Saturday, December 24 through Monday, December 26 | Winter Holidays
- Saturday, December 31 | New Year’s Eve
- Monday, January 2 | New Year’s Day (observed)
- Friday, January 13 through Monday, January 16 | Evergreen Upgrades & MLK Day
- Monday, February 20 | Presidents’ Day
- Friday, March 31 | Staff Development Day
- Friday, April 14 | Mary Vinson Memorial Library, Early Closing @ 1:00 PM | Lake Sinclair Library, Closed
- Saturday, April 15 | Spring Book Sale & Author Fair | Regular services will be closed during this event
- Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29 | Memorial Day & Weekend
- Monday, July 3 through Tuesday, July 4 | Independence Day
- Friday, August 25 through Saturday, August 26 | Evergreen Updates & Staff Development (Friday)
- Monday, September 4 | Labor Day
- Friday, September 22 through Monday, September 25 | Library Fair Weekend
- Saturday, September 23 | Library Fair | 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM | Regular services will be closed during this event.
- Monday, October 9 | Columbus Day
- Friday, October 20 through Saturday, October 21 | Deep Roots Festival
- Saturday, November 11 | Veterans’ Day
- Thursday, November 23 through Saturday, November 25 | Thanksgiving Holidays
- Saturday, December 23 through Monday, December 25 | Winter Holidays
No materials owned and checked out by the System are due on our closing days. However, if you would like to return items during this time please feel free to use the available book drops at the side drive thru of the Mary Vinson Memorial Library, at the Lake Sinclair Library, the Milledgeville Mall, and the Collins P. Lee Harrisburg Community Center.