The Twin Lakes Library System, through its Friends of the Library organization as well as its publishing arm, Old Capitol Press makes available a number of hard to find titles for purchase as well as other titles. Below is a list of the ways you can make a purchase as well as the titles presently available. Please note that online purchases and purchases from Old Capital Press online are separate transactions. If you have any questions regarding our book sales please contact our Reference Department at 478-452-0677 ext 123 or 124 or by email.
Frank’s Friends Store
Here you will be able to purchase new and used books as well other items including DVDs, audio books, and more! The finest in gently-used books, movies and gifts is available on the second floor of the Mary Vinson Memorial Library. Additionally, all of the library system’s branches have Frank’s Friends outlets. All items are $5 or less!!!
This event is the Library’s sole fundraiser that is almost entirely devoted to children. Not only are there plenty of books for sale but there are games, arts and crafts, entertainment, and a food court all with children in mind! The has been traditionally held during the month of September. It is now slated to occur on the fourth Saturday each September.
Old Capital Press
The Friends of the Library also publishes works through Old Capital Press via Lulu.com. We proudly showcase authors of the region whose works span a variety of genres. From classic works of the past to new and up and coming authors. Some of our Old Capital Press publications are also available at our facilities. Please call ahead to see whether the item is in stock. Click on the individual book cover to learn more information about the book and how to purchase the book online.
We also have the following items for sale:
- Baugh, James Emory. From Skies of Blue: My Experiences with the Eighty-Second Airborne during World War II
- Cook, James F. Carl Vinson: Patriarch of the Armed Forces
- Beeson, Leola. History Stories of Milledgeville and Baldwin County
- Cook, Anna Maria Green. History of Baldwin County Georgia
- Duffey, Barbara. Miracles From Heaven
- Fort, John Porter. John Porter Fort: A Memorial and Personal Reminiscences
- Harrington, Hugh T. Remembering Milledgeville: Historic Tales From Georgia’s Antebellum Capital
- Kidd, Harriet Oxford. All these Things
There is a $5.00 shipping and handling fee per order.