What is the Friends of the Library?
The Friends of the Mary Vinson Memorial Library is an organization whose sole purpose is to assist the Library in its efforts to raise funds, expand the Library’s facilities, develop the Library’s collections, encourage reading programs for children, and promote the Library as an educational and cultural resource for Milledgeville and Baldwin County. For more information about the Friends of the Library, please feel free to call Sarah Hamil at 478-452-0677 ext. 20 or send us an email.
How do I join the Friends?
Becoming a Friend of the Library is easy.
Membership forms are also available at any of our locations. Mail submissions are to be sent to the following address:
Friends of the Mary Vinson Memorial Library
ATTN: Membership Services
151 South Jefferson Street
Milledgeville, GA 31061
What will I receive as a member of the Friends?
First and foremost you receive the honor of supporting your public library system! Additionally you will receive a membership card. The membership card presently entitles the member to:
- One $5 coupon to Frank’s Friends Store
- One free Bargain Box of books at the Library Fair
- One free Event Pass at the Library Fair
New members will also receive a free copy of one of the following books (while supplies last):
- History Stories of Milledgeville and Baldwin County by Leola Beeson
- History of Baldwin County Georgia by Anna Maria Green Cook
- Remembering Milledgeville: Historic Tales From Georgia’s Antebellum Capital by Hugh T. Harrington
Yearly membership dues (which are also detailed on the printed and online forms) are as follows:
- Junior Membership: $5 per year for individuals UNDER 18 years of age.
- Individual Membership: $20 per year for individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Family Membership: $35 per year for you and up to three individuals.
- Patron Membership: $75 per year for individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Sustaining Membership: $200 for a 5-year individual membership for individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Non-Profit Membership: $25 per year for non-profit organizations. You will be required to include your tax identification number.
- Corporate Membership: $75 per year for businesses and/or organizations.
How can I help the Friends?
You can help yourself, your family, and your community by joining the Friends of the Library. You can help even more by becoming active in the organization as a Friends board member. Good leadership is essential for implementing the programs and services that the Friends provides to the Library. Or perhaps you would be interested in chairing a committee or working as a volunteer. And remember, your contributions are tax deductible. We encourage you to invest in Milledgeville and Baldwin County by supporting the improvement, growth, and expansion of a vital resource — your Public Library! If you’re interested please call us at 478-452-0677 ext. 20 or email us!
What else do the Friends do?
Take a look at our Book Sale page to see the other ways Friends lends its support!
2014 Friends of the Library
Betty & Buford New
Dottie & Charlie Brown
John E. Sallstrom
Beth & Richard Greene
Sherrill & Alan Jones
Ann Q. Vinson
Ouida B. Williamson
Christa D. Jones
Marianne & Jack Joris