The System has a number of planned closings throughout the year. Additionally, there are closings that occur due to unforeseen reasons which include but are not limited to bad weather and HVAC problems. In the case of weather closings, the System closes if the Baldwin County public school system is closed. Unplanned or early closings will be posted on our homepage and via social networks. The following is a list of our 2014 closing dates. Unless otherwise noted the closing is all day and is for the entire system.
- Saturday, December 21, 2013 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Friday, January 17 through Monday, January 20
- Saturday, April 19
- Saturday, May 24 through Monday, May 26
- Friday, July 4
- Friday, August 29 through Monday, September 1
- Friday, September 26 through Monday, September 29
- Monday, October 13
- Friday, October 17 and Saturday, October 18
- Tuesday, November 11
- Thursday, November 27 through Saturday, November 29
- Saturday, December 20 through Saturday, January 3
No materials owned and checked out by the System are due on our closing days. However, if you would like to return items during this time please feel free to use the available book drops at the side drive thru of the Mary Vinson Library, at the Lake Sinclair Library, the Milledgeville Mall or the Walmart.