All events are FREE and do not require a library card to attend.
Unless noted ALL events are held at the Mary Vinson Memorial Library.
Please note during the Summer months we have Summer Reading Club in place of regular programming.
See our Events Calendar to keep up with specific event dates.
Follow Us on Facebook! Tweet with us on Twitter!
Regularly Scheduled Programs:
Every Tuesday | 10:30 am & 3:30 pm | Runs approximately 30 minutes
- Come join the experience that children have loved for over 30 years!
- StoryTime generally includes book readings, songs, finger plays, flannel board stories, a video, and a puppet show.
- Please take a moment to read our Storytime Guidelines to help your child have a positive experience.
Evening Public StoryTime
Every Wednesday | 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Missed us on Tuesday? Or just cannot get enough storytime? Join on Wednesday evenings.
Saturday Morning StoryTime
Every Saturday | 10:30 am - 11:00 am
- Work during the weekdays? Or just looking for another opportunity to make memories at the library with your child? Join us for our magical storytime journey on Saturday mornings.
We Read on Wednesdays
Every Wednesday | 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Children get the opportunity to improve their reading skills and have fun at the same time.
- Children may read a book or listen to one of our Reading Helpers read a book.
- Each participating child gets to pick something from the Treasure Box!
Every Thursday | 10:30 am
For babies 6 months - 18 months of age
- Busy parents need as many opportunities to connect with their babies and other parents in the community.
- We provide a secure wide-open space for tummy time, crawling, and toys to engage your children as they explore the world around them.
Just for Fun Club
3rd Thursday of Each Month | 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
For children ages 6 years to 12 years old
- Each month there is a different theme, crafts, and surprise visitors. Just for fun, come join us!
- Sign-up for the month's club event is required.
- Sign-up for the month's club event typically available the week prior to the event.
- Most Just for Fun Club events are limited to 12 participants. Call us for more details.
Contact our Youth Services Coordinator Sarah Hamil
Phone: 478.452.0677 EXT. 129 | Email: email@example.com